Friday, January 27, 2012

Keeping in the routine...

So just in keeping with the routine of posting once a week... here is a post. :)


It's a lazy day here for me in Memphis. Kind of. I finally cleaned out my car. I decided it was time when the kiddos I keep told me that it was dirty. I also then asked if they wanted to help me clean it and they joyously said YEEEEEAH. No wonder Jesus talks about us being like children in some ways. Such a willingness to serve without trying to.


Anywho.... since being back from the break I have felt so renewed. God is really doing a whole lot right now in my life. I'll update more on that sometime as things develop. Made my debut in the Commercial Appeal this week with my last name as Hammons and the lie that I coach the kids I mentor in basketball. I actually coach them in life and jump roping and the joys of playing with a white girl's hair. Which is just proves my daddy right when he said you can't believe anything you read. Ok maybe not anything, but I would say you can only believe half. Got the first name right, but the last name wrong, and I do help the kids with homework, but I don't coach them in basketball. Anyway, here are the links if you would like to check them out, get them laminated, and hang on your refrigerator. I'll sign them if you want.


That's all for now.


Every day is 'Thank Your Mentor Day' at Grizzlies


Children Write Notes

3 comments:

  1. I love your humor! You always put a smile on my face. Going to purchase a laminator this afternoon at hobby lobby, just so I can put this on my fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, you're the best & you have great maps! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are great!! Glad to know at least 2 people read this. I will write for you Heather and Carrie!! :)

    ReplyDelete