Wednesday, June 15, 2011

No bueno.

I have been no good at this blog thing. I really want to be though. So I am trying harder. Startiiiiiing NOW. I am working on my discipline this summer. Since I can not fix all of the things I need to be disciplined in at once I will start with a few things. My blog will be one of them.

(Discipline starting)

The last couple weeks have been great. I have really had great fellowship with friends. That is one of the first things I began to miss being away from Starkville. This past weekend I was in the Delta for Mr. and Mrs. Swindoll's wedding. It was such a beautiful wedding. I do not usually cry at weddings, but apparently this wedding was an exception. I think so much of it has to do with the fact that I have grown so much in my understanding of what that day means and represents. What a blessing it is that God chooses to give us a small glimpse of His love and devotion to us through marriage here on earth. It's so funny because I found myself so content in my singleness at that wedding (which I will confidently say is the opposite of what is expected for a gal my age at a good friend's wedding). Seeing how much this couple loves each other is just a tiny glimpse of how much God loves me and is devoted to my good and well being unconditionally. So as great as I think marriage will be I can always say that I do have something better. Now may I remember this in the years to come. :) Chad and Edna, your wedding was absolutely beautiful and I am so excited that the Lord has blessed you both with the opportunity to experience that beautiful picture with each other!

This also brings me to something else that I read this past week that I want to share. It is a quote from C.S. Lewis a.k.a. Clive. Yes. We are on a first name basis.

"We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased."

John 15:11 "These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full."

Psalm 16:11 "...in your presence there is fullness of joy."

John 14:27 "...not as the world gives do I give to you."

Fullness of joy is only available through Him. Not through marriage, not through money, or the right job, house, car, family, dog, clothes, food, lamp, couch, lawn mower (my dad's cutting the grass right now), tv, etc. etc. Clive was right. For too long, we have been far too easily pleased.

On a side note watching my frand play the guitar this weekend was the straw that broke the camels back to push me to learn to play. I have been saying for over a year now that I wanted to learn. So I have officially began (another knotch on my "work on your discipline" belt). So far I have 3 raw fingers, and can play 3 chords and the chromatic scale and have diligently practiced.....drum roll please..... 2 nights in a row (I started Monday). So far so good.

Went outside to take my dad some water in the middle of this post and realized that it is a BEAUTIFUL day. So I shall eno and read and work on my discipline. :)

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty. :) I loved the insight. Yeshua is truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete